Monday, August 17, 2009

Quick and Easy Chicken Salad


I discovered chicken salad when I was pregnant with my first baby. A true tuna addict, I was pretty upset to learn you should only eat tuna in limited quantities due to the mercury. I needed a fix for my dilemma and this recipe hit the spot. It's a recipe that works best with left over chicken - grilled chicken boneless breasts or rotisserie chicken. I had left over marinated chicken ( I used McCormick's Grill Mates Marinade once again - this time in Mesquite Flavor). If I don't marinate the meat, I at least use grill seasoning. This is a simple recipe that anyone can make - add any toppings you like. When I was pregnant with Katie, I would make some homemade bread to serve it on, with a side of pickles and olives. These days I am keeping it simple, eating it on good old, store bought whole wheat. You can use full fat mayo if you please, but since I am dieting, I prefer the lite stuff.
Jaime's Simple Chicken Salad (serves 2)
6-8 ounces of left over chicken meat, marinated or rotisserie
2 TSPS of Light Mayo
2 TSPS of Grey Poupon or deli style mustard
Salt and Pepper to taste
4 slices of any style bread
Heat and shred leftover chicken. Add mayo and mustard, salt and pepper; mix well. Serve on bread.
That was easy, right?

No comments: