Monday, August 10, 2009

Hawaiian Style

I went bat sh*t crazy at the supermarket the other day deciding I need to uber-stock my pantry with marinades. I was lucky enough to stumble across McCormick's Grill Mates Hawaiian Luau Marinade. I built tonight's dinner theme around that idea. I marinated two chicken cutlets for around 4 hours in the marinade and it was quite tasty. I paired the chicken with an old favorite, Teriyaki Fried Rice and a new favorite, Pineapple Kabobs. I didn't have any Meyer's Dark Rum to make a favorite low cal, Mai Tai style cocktail, so I sipped white wine instead. My husband topped his with a Pina Colada, while the kids threw back some milk. Yup, we're hard core! My husband told me dinner was perfect, but he could have done without the sound effects - AKA "A whiney, molar-teething, one year old." Now, on with the recipes.

Hawaiian Luau Chicken
1 package of McCormick's Grill Mates Hawaiian Luau Marinade
2 pounds chicken, salmon on pork
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/3 cup of white vinegar

Prepare marinade according to directions on package and chill in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.

Cook on grill for 20-25 minutes between 35
o - 400 degrees.

Pineapple Kabobs
3/4 cup of pineapple chunks (fresh)
3/4 cup white onion chunks
3/4 cup red onion chunks
PAM Grill Spray

Slice pineapple, white onion and red pepper into cubes. Arrange on Kabob Skewer. Spray with PAM for Grilling, front and back. Arrange on grill pan and cook on grill for 30 minutes, turning kabobs every 5-7 minutes. Remove when grilled to a warm, golden color.

Teriyaki Fried Rice
1 Bag of Boil in Bag White or Brown Rice
1 Egg
2 TBSP of Olive oil
1/4 cup of chopped white onion
1/4 cup of Teriyaki Sauce
1 TBSP of Soy Sauce

Heat oil in pan, then add the onion. Brown lightly. Boil rice until done. When rice is complete, drain and add to pan. Add Teriyaki and Soy sauces. Stir until rice is coated. Crack egg and add to rice. Stir quickly until egg is fully cooked in the rice. Serve and Enjoy!




No comments: