Thursday, April 16, 2009

Ever heard of a 'Butt Stomach'?

I've seen them. Usually if you had an old school scar, lengthwise from navel to pubes, from an appendix removal or Caesarian. You gain a few pounds AROUND the scar and two butt cheeks are shaped on either side of it. It can be spotted in any shirt, sweater or dress that is way too tight.Well, I have no such scar, but truth be told, I had a 'butt stomach' in my Easter dress. My dear, sweet husband convinced me to wear the dress, which is two sizes too small and 5 years old. A lot has changed since then and boy, did it show. It was a wrap dress, with a black and white print, so that helped disguise it a little bit. It was there alright. I stared in shock, horror and then finally, I laughed. My BFF & I made fun of butt stomachs for a long time and now I had one. If she could only see me now. Fortunately, dinner at my family's house was casual, so I threw on the jeans and sweat shirt I had thrown in the car 'just in case'. And the jeans and sweat shirt stayed on at my in-laws since my daughter had spit up on my pretty dress and I thankfully had those clothes in the car. If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.
Note to self: Burn black & white wrap dress and start pilates.

No comments: