Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thinking Ahead: Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows
















I am notorious for not wanting to wait for anything. As soon as September 1st hit, I broke out my pumpkin oil burner and fall decorations. The minute the Thanksgiving turkey is cleared from the table, I am dragging out my Christmas tree. Wrapped presents never stay that way for long. I wasn't sure whether I should wait or not on the almighty T-day sweet potato casserole smothered with mini marshmallows. Of course, I gave in and here it is, over a month early - sweet potato casserole with marshmallows. Now, I must start on my Christmas shopping....

Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows(meant to feed an army; you can cut the measurements to suit your needs) From Cooks.com

8 medium sweet potatoes
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 c. hot milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon or nutmeg
1/4 tsp. paprika
1 c. chopped walnuts
1/2 lb. marshmallows

 Directions
Cook sweet potatoes until tender. Remove skins and mash. When smooth, beat in butter, milk, salt, spices. Beat well. Fold in walnuts and turn into buttered baking dish. Top with marshmallows and bake at 350 degrees until marshmallows puff and become golden brown.

1 comment:

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

This looks delicious - my hubby would love it. Sweet potato casserole is one of his favorites. I'm with you on not waiting... I was buying pumpkin puree in August to start baking!