Friday, October 23, 2009

Cranberry Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
















I needed a treat to cheer up my son, who has a fever. What a better way to spend a Friday night than to watch "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" and bake cookies? This is definitely one of my favorite Fall activities and I plan on making it a tradition every year. I wanted to try an old favorite, but with a twist. I decided on oatmeal raisin. For a sweet and tart combination, I added some dried cranberries. Totally easy and totally yummy!

Cranberry Raisin Oatmeal Cookies(makes 24)

1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup of brown sugar, packed firmly
1/4 cup of sugar
1 egg 
1 TSP vanilla extract
3/4 cup of flour
1/2 TSP baking soda
1/2 TSP of cinnamon
1/4 TSP of salt
1 1/2 cups of quick or old fashioned oatmeal
1/4 cup  of raisins
1/4 cup of dried cranberries

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350. Cream sugar and butter, then add eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients and add to batter. Add oats,raisins and cranberries. Drop in spoonfuls on an un-greased baking sheet.  Bake 8-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.

No comments: