Monday, July 13, 2009

EA Active & Yummy Franchaise


After returning from a nightmarish Disney trip, I decided it was time to jump back on the healthy food and fitness bandwagon. I was doing an awesome job of working out and eating well during the weeks before we left. Low and behold, the call of fried food and sweet treats got the best of me and I gained some weight back. My son was not the best eater on vacation, with one day of refusing to eat, except for some gummy bears. Tonight I borrowed a recipe from the talented Lauren
for Chicken Franchaise. I made some minor adjustments to lower the fat count. I substituted 'I Can't Belive It's Not Butter' for the butter portion; I also used PAM to coat the pan and a tad less olive oil. You just have to keep a close eye on the chicken to make sure it does not stick to the pan or burn. I added steamed brocolli and 1/4 cup of white rice to add bulk to the dish.
In the meanwhile, I have also discover EA Active personal trainer for the Wii. As much as I love Wii Fit, this is even more of a challenge. Totally DO NOT shower BEFORE working out with this. I don't sweat much in general, but after this workout, I was drenched. I was also a bit sore the next day, so I could tell it worked my muscles well. I started the 30 Day Challenge, but only made it to Day Two since most of my family was struck down by an awful head cold. I hope to be back in fighting shape by the coming weekend.

No comments: