Sunday, September 7, 2008

Exercise for the Lazy

It is so hard to update this every day. First off, I have a cranky, colicky daughter that demands constant attention. I was spoiled with my son. He was an awesome infant that slept a lot. Not this child. In any case, my husband and I were able to get our hands on a Wii Fit. Hands down, one of the best inventions ever. I have already lost 5 pounds by using it! It keeps you motivated and is so much fun you barely realize you're exercising! I love the 'table tilt' game, as well as the soccer ball head butting competition. My husband has to be reminded not to jump on the Wii Fit board(looks like a floor scale that you stand on...). It would really suck if he did jump, thus making a skylight for our basement. So, if you're very anti-exercising, I do recommend the Wii Fit. Compete against members of your family to make it even more fun. My husband and I try to one up each other all the time. My two year old also tries to play, but hasn't quite gotten the hang of it yet! Another recommendation is Eye Toy Kinetic for PS2. It has a tiny camera that follows your movements as you play along with an arcade style game. Also, a huge hit in our house! At this point I am down to 153 pounds. My goal is to lose ten within the next 2 weeks - by 9/20, which will bring me to 148. This is 5 pounds away from pre-pregnancy weight and 20 from pre-wedding weight. I have been working on this 10 pounds since 8/20, in case you were curious. I am really taking one day at a time, trying to stick to my goals and become healthy again. Right now, the main focus is to fit in my pre-pregnancy clothes again. I won't be happy if I need to buy a whole new, larger wardrobe, even though I would love any excuse to shop.

No comments: