Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pineapples, PLEASE!


Pineapples are most certainly my favorite fruit. I like them in entrees, desserts and drinks(usually accompanied by a cute drink umbrella and some rum).  I had been asking my mother in law, Mimi, for a carrot cake recipe for awhile.  She is an amazing baker and I knew she would have a knock out recipe.  She did not disappoint. I couldn't be any happier than when I discovered there were pineapples in this recipe. Instead of making the recipe into an actual round cake or pan loaf, I decided making muffins would be the way to go.  Why you ask? My reasoning is simple: portion control.  Muffins are portioned. A slice of cake can be as big as you want it to be, BUT it is still ONE slice, right?

Before I share the recipe, I wanted to address my previous post about changes to this blog. I am still trying to hunt down the perfect, simple template.  I just feel as though my blog is a bit busy and I would like the fringe and frou frou to be less distracting.  I have been working on my photography skills as well.  Let's just say, it's coming along, but not nearly as quickly as I'd planned. It's a lot of practice and reading. One day at a time, right? So, without further ado, here's an amazing carrot cake recipe, featuring pineapple.

Mimi's Carrot Cake
Ingredients
3 whole eggs
2 cups of sugar
1 1/4 cup of  vegetable oil (I used olive)
2 cups of grated carrots
1 TSP salt
1 TSP baking soda
2 TSPS cinnamon
1 small can of crushed pineapple (include the juice)
1 cup pecans - chopped (I used walnuts)
1 TSP of vanilla

Directions
(DO NOT USE AN ELECTRIC BEATER/MIXER)
Beat the eggs and add the sugar, oil and beat until smooth.  Sift the flour and dry ingredients. Add pineapple,carrots, pecans and vanilla. Bake 1 hour at 350 in loaf pan.  (I made 18 cupcakes and they were done is less than 15 minutes. Use caution and just monitor the cake if you make a loaf or round). Top with cream cheese icing or whipped cream after cake has cooled.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love carrot cake. It looks so good.