Monday, November 16, 2009

Red Wine Mozzarella Burgers

















I have to admit that I haven't had a great burger in a long while. Combined with that, and that fact that I needed to throw together a dinner of things I already had in the house, I was on a mission. 1/2 bottle of wine leftover from the weekend, CHECK! Ground beef, CHECK! Mozzarella I had no idea what to do with, CHECK! The result - a super juicy, yummy burger! I made a second batch, sans wine, for the kiddies. They loved it as well. I can't say the same for my oven baked  French fries, which refused to bake. In any case, we had awesome burgers and even some wine left over. WOOHOO!

Red Wine Mozzarella Burgers

1 LB ground beef
1 TSP dry mustard
1 small white onion, diced
2 TBSP of minced garlic
1 TSP pepper
1 TSP salt
1 TBSP Olive Oil
1/2 cup Red Wine
2 TBSP of shredded Mozzarella per burger

Directions
Dice onions and sauté in 1 TBSP of olive oil. Remove when softened and set aside. Mix all ingredients, except mozzarella, in a bowl and make two patties. Broil burgers for 20 minutes, turning in between. Remove from broiler and spoon 2 TBSP of shredded cheese on each burger, returning to the broiler for 3 minutes. Serve on your favorite bread or bun.

No comments: