Saturday, August 2, 2008

Baby Fat...No, just Mama Fat!

Let's go back about two years. I had just delivered my first child, as son, via C-section. I was finally able to assess the 'damage' I had done to my body during those eight months of gestation. I was hoping to deliver at least a twenty pound baby, but no such luck. I think there was a part of me that beleived I would jump right back in to my pre-pregnancy clothes. That was not to be. Fifty pounds gained on a five foot frame is no joke. The ride was fun while it lasted. Four bowls of Cheerios every morning, sometimes a fifth if I burped and made room. Let's not forget the gallons of ice cream I consumed during those heavenly months. I actually had a fight with my huband at a popular ice cream chain because they charged five bucks to 'pack' a gallon of their ice cream for you. I won that battle, but in the end, the ice cream took up residence on my thighs. I had no post pregnancy plan of attack for weight loss. That was fine at first, since I had no room in my stomach post surgery, since it was filled with gas and air. I had no appetite and any fart or burp I managed became cause for celebration. When I decided to get serious about a month after delivery, I turned to Weight Watcher Online for guidance. I managed to lose about thirty of the fifty pounds and then became lazy. Fast forward two years, another baby, and I am back at square one. I am trying WW Online once again to see how I do.

No comments: